blackboxguild · adobe.com
Iron ore The chemical element iron doesn’t occur in nature in pure form, but predominantly as oxidic iron ore which is mined. It is the second most common metal after aluminium. This ore is used to produce steel – which is of dominant importance not only in infrastructure and the real estate industry, but also in the automotive and shipbuilding industries and in the production of household appliances. Iron ore is extracted by deep mining (underground mining) or the less complex and cheaper opencast mining process. Today, iron ore extracted by opencast mining comes mainly from Africa, Canada, Brazil, Australia, CIS countries and China. In recent decades, these countries have displaced those iron ore exporters from the EU that were originally important. We offer iron ores with a wide range of FE content from 45% to 66% as so-called iron ore lumps, iron ore fines, sinter feed and concentrate. We also supply steel semi products such as steel billets and slabs as well as steel coils and sub-products such as mill scale and beach or pig iron.
Alireza Roodsari began his professional career in 1998, when he founded Roodsari Fleisch GmbH. He subsequently developed the company into one of Germany’s largest meat export companies. Since 2005, Alireza Roodsari has successfully focused on trading in ore and other metal raw materials. From 1992 to 1998 he studied economics at the University of Heidelberg and law in Oxford, England. He graduated with a Master’s degree in economics in 1998. For Alireza Roodsari, responsible entrepreneurial conduct and social commitment are the focus of his work.
Our opportunity: In carrying out our business activities, we have a great deal of contact with the people who live near our locations. This contact gives us an opportunity to demonstrate that we stand up for the rights of our employees and the people living in the vicinity, including members of vulnerable groups such as women, children, indigenous people and victims of conflict. This is particularly relevant in regions where special security measures are required to protect our assets.
Our goal: We strive to prevent human rights violations within our Group and along our value chain and to comply with international and UN standards.
ARIA has set itself the task of only trading with sustainably extracted raw materials. That’s why ARIA attaches great importance to the fact that these raw materials are mined in accordance with the latest environmental standards and that residents of affected regions do not suffer any disadvantages. Once mining projects have come to an end, ARIA also works hard to ensure that the earth movements that have occurred are compensated for in an environmentally friendly manner and that any residues are removed.
In addition, ARIA is actively involved in projects that aim to recover raw materials from partially contaminated soil and to restore these areas to a pollution-free state.
ARIA is particularly aware of its social responsibility. We are involved in a number of children’s charities and cancer and AIDs research programmes.
As a responsible, internationally operating company, we are particularly aware of our social responsibility. Health, occupational safety and the preservation of the environment thus have the highest priority for us.
As a result, our guideline for the protection of these values (Health, Safety and Environment Protection = HSE) is a central component of our self-image and not least describes our company’s key objectives.
Company management is thus committed to the following principles in the areas of health, safety, security, sustainability and environmental protection (HS³E):
• We integrate HSE into all of our activities and strive for continuous improvement. To this end, we set ourselves ambitious goals. In doing so, tailor-made HSE solutions are our fundamental principle.
• We ensure that our production facilities worldwide meet high standards of plant and occupational safety, health and environmental protection and drive sustainable solutions.
• We protect our employees and facilities from third party attacks.
• We face up to our environmental and climate protection responsibilities. As part of this, we design our processes in such a way that environmental impacts and energy/resource consumption are minimised.
• We want to be an attractive employer, a reliable partner and a good neighbour. That’s why we assume social responsibility and get involved in the communities around our locations.
• We engage in an open and constructive dialogue with our stakeholders.
• In our global activities, we are committed to complying with international conventions, local laws and our own standards for the protection of people and the environment.
We’re convinced: “everyone counts”. Everyone who works at ARIA SE contributes to the implementation of this guideline through thoughtful and committed conduct. This also applies to our contractors. In all our activities, the following applies: financial concerns do not take precedence over safety, health and environmental protection. Nothing is so urgent or important that these HSE principles can be disregarded at ARIA SE.
Neuer Wall 71
D 20354 Hamburg
Telefon +49 40 3289092-0
Fax +49 40 3289092-99